There are some things that we must wait for in life. Asking God to answer our prayers for our marriages can be one of those times where He teaches us to wait. And oddly enough, this reminds me of baking a cake.
I can mix together all the right ingredients …
- 1 yielded heart
- A cup full of requests
- 1 powerful God
But it’s not ready until I wait for it to “bake in the oven.”
If I try to stir it more, or add more ingredients, or take it out to “check on the progress,” I’m either delaying or interfering with the process it must go through.
I can’t speed up the “baking” time by my efforts. I can pass the time by doing other positive tasks or I can take the time to just “rest” while I wait on my delicious dessert to bake, but I can’t hurry the process along. That’s because …
… the time is set by God.
Is there some situation where you’re not trusting in God’s timing?
Do you feel like you need to “do something more” to speed up God’s answer?
I have many areas of my life where I feel this way, but we can rest assured that God is at work even when we don’t see the progress. He is powerful enough to redeem our situation and loving enough to provide for our needs.
Since this post is about baking a cake, I thought I’d share my husband’s favorite recipe, it’s a tangy, moist Lemon Cake. Click here and you’ll find the recipe! Enjoy!
- Write in any way you feel inspired about marriage, parenthood or anything that reflects Christ’s redemption in your life.
- Be sure to include a link to Wedded Wednesday or add the WW button to your current blog post and/or sidebar.
- Visit and comment on at least one other person’s blog that’s linked up here.
Optional but encouraged:
- Consider setting up your Gravatar profile and Disqus Profile with a link to your blog … it makes it so much easier for all of us to find those of you who blog!
- If you have the time, visit those who visit your blog and comment at their place as well … sort of a “Say it forward.”