Here at Messy Marriage, we strive to bring you real-life stories of God’s redemptive work in and through the messes in our marriage and lives. Last April, I (Beth) offered the invitation to you, our readers, to share your stories of redemption in marriage. And so many of you not only blessed us with your stories, but also “blew us away” with your …
Gut-level honest stories of fear and failure being transformed into faith!
Well, I want to offer that invitation again.
Do you have a story of how you and your spouse have navigated or are navigating …
- The devastation of debt and overspending?
- The many stresses of being a couple with babies or toddlers in the home?
- The fear of, or dysfunction in, the sexual relationship?
- The pain and loss of a child?
- The pain and loss of infertility?
- The disillusionment, distance and/or apathy that sometimes develops in marriage?
- The chaos and struggle to blend a family after remarriage?
- The helplessness and confusion of chronic disease or disability in a family or marriage?
- The hardship that addiction to “anything” causes in a marriage?
These are just a starting point for the many ways we experience “messy marriage.” Maybe your story is not like any of these scenarios, but resonates with what Messy Marriage is all about. If so, then please let me know your particular story! We want you to join us in offering hope to those who are hopeless or despairing in their own messes.
The guidelines I’d like you to keep in mind are:
- You don’t have to share your name—many “Share Your Story” authors have remained “anonymous.”
- Write from a non-blaming point-of-view—taking personal responsibility is a high value here.
- Keep your article to 600 words or less—preferably around 500 wc.
- Be open to me doing some minor edits when needed.
- We want stories from men too … so don’t be shy, husbands! We need your perspective as well!
Are you willing?
Will you take this step of faith and put your story out there for those who need to hear it? I hope so! If you decide to take this step, please contact me either through a comment below or through my email at messymarriage at gmail dot com.
Thanks so much!