I’m entering a really busy season in my life and that’s saying a lot because I’m always busy! So during the month of April I may be less “present” here than I typically am or would like. But I want you to know that I always read your comments and try to get to the blogs of those who engage with me here. 🙂
However, one of the reasons I’m busy is that my husband and I are attending the “Peacemakers” conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado this week. So it’s going to be a challenge to even check in on those of you who comment and visit here regularly at my linkup this coming “Wedded Wednesday.”
However, I am excited about this conference because there is a lot to learn from Ken Sande’s Peacemaker ministry and book when it comes to conflict resolution, forgiveness and reconciliation.
And you, my lovely readers, will benefit from all that we glean and integrate from that conference into our lives and ministries. I can’t wait to share aspects of it with you in the months to come!
On a different note, a couple of weeks ago I asked for marriage questions from my readers and promised videos that would respond to those questions, and I want you to know that they are still coming! Maybe not as quickly as I’d like, due to the busyness of this month and season, but they will come in time.
So know that I’ve not forgotten you, especially if you’ve sent me a question or two or three! 😉
And . . .
[Tweet “Feel free to send me your marriage questions if you have any that you’ve not shared with me yet.”]
Email might be the best way to send them – firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m creating a running list of the questions that I know will keep me and my hubby (who also plans to help me respond to the questions on the videos) very busy and stockpiled with ideas!
So “thank you” to those of you who’ve helped me out with this challenging endeavor! #youarethebest!
But back to the issue of busyness . . . whenever I am in an especially busy season of life, I look for ways to bring balance.
1. One way is to look for responsibilities that I can remove or delegate to others. I actually have a private Facebook marriage prayer group that is helping me with this by manning the “daily prayers” for two weeks out of this month. So a little shout out to my friends Erica Donoho and Deb Asher for their help in this! #delegate
2. Another way I deal with busyness is to keep times of emotional and spiritual support and refreshment built into my week or even day. #supportivefriends
3. Even if I have a crazy busy day, I will still keep my usual Bible study routine (which is my biggest “de-stressor”) in place and also take a short break in the afternoon to decompress. #priorities #rest
4. Another strategy I use is to limit the intensity of anything I’m doing in the evening past 8 p.m. Otherwise I don’t usually get a restful night’s sleep. #knowyourlimits
5. Lastly, I keep prayer as my surefire way of bringing God’s calmness, peace and perspective into any anxiety-filled moment I’m facing. #Godisalwaysthereforus!
These are just a few (there are many more I’m not listing here) of the coping strategies I use.
But . . .
[Tweet “I’d love to hear what some of your strategies are for managing stressful and busy seasons! “]
What strategies or principles do you practice and keep in mind when dealing with busyness and stress?
How busy or stressed are you currently and what’s going on to make it so busy and/or stressed?
Interested in a private Facebook Bible study that will:
- Help you to become more consistent in your Bible study habit?
- Teach you a simple method for mining the gems found in your daily Bible reading?
- Provide you notes from the daily reading that will help you understand the truths and/or give you insight when you don’t have the time to mine the truths yourself?
Then consider joining me for a study of 1st Samuel. The reading assignments for each day, along with my notes will be posted starting Sunday evening (CST) April 3rd. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll “FB friend” you and then add you to the group! 🙂
Linking up with these fine blogs – Mommy Moments, Weekend Whispers, Making Your Home Sing, Mondays @ Soul Survival, Faith ‘n Friends, Word of God Speak, Spiritual Sundays, Sitting Among Friends, Give Me Grace, Family, Friendship and Faith, and DanceWithJesusFriday